Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Have Dukan will Travel

We were in North Carolina celebrating Pop's 89th Birthday!!!!!! Amazing.  Truly amazing. Just a few years ago we thought the outcome was going to be quite grim. But Roscoe has such an incredible spirit.    He's a fighter, I mean he was a POW for crying out loud. We are so blessed to have him in our lives. Watching Pop & Grammy smile and hearing the kids joking and giggling with their GREAT GRANDPARENTS...priceless!


So this has been my first trip since we started following the good Dr. Pierre Dukan. To describe it in one word:

!Tough!

but i totally rocked it;)-

For starters I had to prep and pack all the things I'd need for a 5 day excursion. We'd be in Chapel Hill for about 2 days and then to the farm for 3. There would be lots of BBQ, birthday cake and all kinds of things that are so not friendly to this plan. As I'm sure you've noticed ya gotta use A LOT of stuff and ya COOK yo' freakin arse off!

So I packed a large cooler with:

turkey burgers, asian chicken & veggie stir fry, salad, Galettes, Lox, boiled eggs, SF/FF vanilla pudding, Dukan cheese cake, oat bran, cinnamon, ginger, onion, almond extract and truvia.

Granny hooked me up with skim milk, deli meats, carrots, peppers, yogurt, sour cream...

Bottom line I was a girl scout! I came prepared and I had success!

I cut cake and served ice cream...didn't lick a finger. It wasn't as hard as I thought but I bet in a few months it will be real hard.

I watched everyone eat Parker's BBQ I ate a salad with a turkey burger and low sugar ketchup and yes I made my own dressing.  It was a PP (pure protein) day but I did have salad at lunch.

OOOOOOO breakin' the rules....I am so bad:)  Lol I figure if I'm "cheating" with salad I'm in a much better place then where I was a few weeks ago!

GO TEAM!
Hxo

No comments:

Post a Comment